bATTERY TO BATTERY cHARGER
Victron Orion Battery to Battery Charger
Victron Orion Charger The Orion-Tr Smart DC-DC charger is a professional DC to DC adaptive 3-stage charger with built-in Bluetooth. For use in dual battery systems in vehicles or on boats where the (smart) alternator and the start battery are used to charge the service battery. The unit can be monitored and programmed via Bluetooth and can be remotely controlled via a remote on/off switch and has an engine running detection mechanism. The Orion-Tr Smart charger can be used in 12V or 24V systems and is suitable for both lead acid and lithium batteries. Models are available up to 400W and unlimited multiple units can be connected in parallel to increase output power. Suitable for high temperatures up to 55C with a full rated output up to 40
Victron Orion Smart Isolated
Victron Orion Smart Non Isolated
- Bluetooth connectivity: inbuilt Bluetooth feature allows the charging process to be monitored and settings to be changed at any time using the VictronConnect App, without having to access the installation location.
- Safe unattended charging: the unit features inbuilt safety functions (protection against overload, overheating, overvoltage, short circuit, and reverse discharge of the battery), which allow the charger to be left permanently connected to the source battery for unattended automatic charging.
- Continued charging during battery/load use: the charger will continue to operate at full power whilst energy is drawn from the battery during use. The unit will maintain the charge if the battery is already at full capacity. Any 12V loads may also be left permanently connected and running whilst the DC-to-DC charger is in operation, and will be protected against overvoltage and voltage fluctuations.
- Compatible with other charging sources: thanks to the inbuilt suppression filter, the batteries may be charged from alternative power sources, for example solar panels / petrol generators etc., whilst remaining connected to the battery charger.
- Remote on/off control: using a hard-wired switch, external relay control or the Victron Connect app, the charger can manually be turned on or off. This allows for greater control over when the charger activates, or automatic control by a Battery Management System.
- Vehicle battery optimisation: specifically designed with efficient vehicle battery charging in mind. Unlike other chargers (or split charge relays) which do not instantly charge the battery at full current whilst driving and do not provide overcharge protection, this unit will automatically charge at full power, even during short journeys, with full protection from overcharging the target battery. This charger is also well suited to vehicles of Euro 6 emission standard and above, as it prevents the reduced or intermittent charging associated with smart alternators in these vehicles.
- System upgrade potential: this unit may be connected in parallel to an identical model in order to boost the charging capacity of the system. This is an ideal option for large battery systems, or those with powerful 12V appliances running directly from the batteries. A second unit may be added at any time for future system expansion.
Always remember to keep up to date on solar developments with the United Nations