VE.Direct Bluetooth Victron Smart Dongle
Victron VE.Direct Bluetooth Smart DongleThis Victron VE.Direct Smart Bluetooth Dongle plugs into your Victron solar charge controller (or other compatible Victron device) to allow the controller to communicate wirelessly with a personal mobile device. Using your mobile phone/tablet, installed with the free VictronConnect app, you can then connect wirelessly to the Bluetooth enabled solar charge controller to monitor and program charging parameters. Using the Victron Bluetooth dongle also unlocks exclusive access to live status info, detailed datalogs and advanced options for system personalisation.
The VictronConnect app can be used on Bluetooth enabled devices running on Android, iOS and macOS X (e.g. smartphones, tablets, iPads, MacBooks) and is available to download here.
Compatible Victron products:
This Bluetooth dongle can be connected to any Victron product with an inbuilt VE.Direct port, to enable bluetooth ability. Such devices include:
– Victron BlueSolar MPPT charge controllers such as VBSM75-15 , VBSM100-30 , VBSM100-50 , VBSM150-35 , VBSM150-45 , VBSM150-60 or VBSM150-70
– Victron Battery monitors
– Victron Phoenix Inverters
– Victron Blue Smart chargers
– Victron Peak Power Packs
Advanced programming and monitoring:
By attaching a Victron VE Direct Bluetooth Dongle to your Victron solar charge controller, the controller will be able to communicate with the VictronConnect mobile app, unlocking numerous possibilities for advanced programming and remote monitoring of your MPPT solar system. Once the controller is paired with the app, a wide range of additional features are made available, including:
– Live data transmission: Real-time information is displayed including solar panel output, battery voltage and current (flowing into and out of the battery), battery state of charge, load status and consumption.
– Detailed data logs: System activity for the past 30 days is available to view; either as in-depth daily logs or as a monthly summary. These easy-view graphics display daily energy yield, maximum recorded power and voltage, time spent in each charging stage, minimum and maximum recorded battery voltages, error records and total energy counters.
– User-defined battery charging algorithm: Option to disable preset values in favour of personalised charging parameters, including user-defined absorption voltage, absorption time, float voltage, equalisation voltage and temperature compensation settings.
– Load configuration: Option to choose from one of the pre-set load management programs or create a user-defined program. Includes a streetlight function to control the duration and brightness of nighttime lighting.
– Remote On/Off control: Both the solar charge controller and load can be turned on/off via your mobile device.
The Bluetooth dongle also features LED indicators to alert the user of connection status and possible errors.
Alternative connection: If you would prefer to monitor your Victron device using a USB connection to a Windows or macOS X PC / laptop,the Victron VE Direct to USB cable can be used to connect your Victron device to a computer, using the PC version of the VictronConnect app.
- Compatible with Victron devices with a VE.Direct port, including:
- Compatible with Bluetooth enabled mobile devices, running on Android, iOs or macOS X (see user manual for detailed list of compatible mobile devices)
- Current draw (not connected to a mobile device): < 1mA
- Current draw (connected to a mobile device): < 2.5mA
- Cable length: 1.5m
- Unit dimensions: 67.3 x 35 x 17 mm
- Mounting dimensions: 57.8 x 15.5 mm
- 2 x Mounting holes (each 15.5 x 3.5 mm)
- Weight: 75g
This product is covered by a 5 year warranty