Furlmatic FM1803-2 Windcharger 24v Rutland
This is the 24v model –
Are you living off grid?
Do you need power at a remote site?
This turbine produces up to 840w
Marlec’s FM1803-2 Furlmatic Windcharger makes generating power at remote sites possible and at an affordable cost too. This 1.8M diameter turbine, designed for use on land is very powerful for its size and with a proven track record behind it you can rely on it too, it’s built to last.
Rutland FM1803-2 12v Take advantage of the abundant power of the wind to generate your own free power using the Rutland FM1803-2 Furlmatic Windcharger. The FM1803-2 needs only a light breeze to start generating power for charging batteries so you have the convenience of energy stored for whenever you need it. Typically the 12V or 24V battery power can be used for:
Low energy lighting
Computers & TV’s
230V appliances can be operated through an inverter
Living off grid
Where grid power is not available the FM1803-2 provides a cost effective solution, charging batteries to deliver 12/24V power which can also be inverted to 230V AC. The FM1803-2 can deliver sufficient power for most daily needs with only occasional use of a generator for high energy consuming appliances, e.g. domestic washing machine. Where a generator is already used the FM1803-2 will soon reduce energy costs and pay for itself in convenience. Direct fuel costs and engine wear and running time will be noticeably reduced.
Rutland FM1803 Specifications
|Cut in Windspeed
|Output Voltages Available (Nominal)
|Power / Current Ratings:
|Packed Weight & Dimensions
|74kg 1200 x 675 x 520
|Low friction 3 phase, brushless.
|Slipring for 360° free rotation. Low brush wear.
|Tail fin mechanically furls at 15m/s to reduce turbine speed.
Power at Remote and Inaccessible Sites
Professionals providing services such as telecommunications and monitoring at remote locations will find using wind power immediately cost effective and long term convenient. Site visits to change batteries will be reduced and battery life extended. A clean source of energy and it saves you money! Rutland Windchargers are an environmentally friendly way of generating power Battery life is extended as the continuous charging reduces the number of deep discharge cycles. Where generators are in use running and maintenance costs will be reduced.
Typical Applications Marlec’s FM1800 and FM1803 models have been used worldwide since 1989 in a variety of applications, eg:
Scientific & Military Field Applications
Portable power for travelling shows
The Windcharger Spec
- The FM1803-2 Furlmatic Windcharger with its robust 3-bladed wind turbine is supplied with it’s purpose designed controller. New 3 bladed turbine design combines an efficient profile with a durable injection moulded construction.
- The 3 phase generator has a very low torque enabling power generation to start from just 3m/s (<7mph) windspeed.
- Rutland unique disc type brushless generator design has a high degree of inertia that keeps the turbine spinning between gusts of wind where other designs stop and start. As such the FM1803-2 delivers more power into a battery over a given period than all other commercial turbines of the same diameter that we know of and even some larger turbines.
- Sliprings at the tower top allow the turbine freedom to find the wind over 360 rotation.
- AC power is generated and transmitted to the controller. As the AC is generated at high voltage power losses are low allowing small cable to be used, minimising installation costs. Marlec’s well established furling tail system is used on the FM1803-2. The tail normally directs the turbine into wind but a simple gravity induced mechanism operates at 15m/s (35mph) to push the turbine off wind thus reducing it’s speed. This provides protection from the forces exerted on the turbine and tower in very high winds and assures longevity of the product.
- MPC1 Controller incorporates 4 key features; 3 phase transformer to reduce voltage, a rectifier to convert AC to DC an electronic controller and battery overcharge protection.
- The MPC1 Controller Spec
It electronics optimise the performance of the turbine to generate more power into the battery. It does this by switching the power ratios between high and low wind speed modes. The digital display keeps the user informed of the status of operation. The MPC1 functions and features are:
- LCD displays: battery voltage, charge in Watts & Amps and low battery voltage warning sign.
- LCD also displays the mode of operation: low wind mode, high wind mode, stall, battery full.
- A switch to start and stall the turbine.
- LED’s to indicate operation modes & warnings
- Automatic delayed change of operation to avoid rapid switching. This takes account of short gusts of wind and waits for a sustained higher wind or voltage to be reached before changeover.
- Battery overcharge protection – turbine stall is invoked when the batteries are full at 14.4V & 28.8V @ 25C thus reducing unnecessary wear and tear on the turbine. It automatically restarts as the battery volts fall to the lower limits of 12.5V & 25V.
- A re-set button allows the user to restart the wind turbine before this lower limit is reached.
- Temperature compensation ensures that the battery voltage switching points are automatically adjusted for ambient temperature to maintain optimum battery performance
Rutland wind turbines use a range of modern and traditional high quality materials which are designed to endure in a marine environment. We have innovated in our field by introducing light weight but robust high density nylon and glass reinforced materials that are UV stable alongside marine grade aluminium, stainless steel, sealed for life bearings and other carefully selected and precision worked materials in our UK factory.
Rutland Windchargers are designed, developed and manufactured in the UK by Marlec. We warrant our products for 2 years from date of purchase. With over 35 years of experience in our field we continuously develop designs and materials to ensure our products withstand the rigours of the testing environments that our customers put our Windchargers through. You can buy with confidence that our products will endure, will meet our claimed specifications and that you are buying a product that has sold, in its versions, worldwide in excess of 100,000 units fully supported by our sales and engineering teams here in Corby, UK.