New XTRA series – 3rd Generation MPPT – Budget Model
For 12V Solar System: 260W solar panel (60V for max input voltage)
For 24V Solar System: 520W solar panel (60V for max input voltage) *Solar Panels must be 36cell (2 in series) or 72 Cell (1 in series) for use on a 24 Volt battery system*
No Fan for silent operation, great for vans, boats or any live in spaces
Budget Model with no display. Can connect MT50 for remote display.
New XTRA series has Lithium battery support
Budget 20A MPPT Controller – The XTRA tracer models have a current limiting function, you can connect 1.5 times the rated power to the controller so if your on a budget you can use a smaller controller with more panels so that you get more power in winter or low light but don’t risk overloading the controller in the summer. The output will be limited to the max listed above.
New EPEver (Tracer) series is EPsolar’s third generation of MPPT controller.
XTRA series are advanced maximum power point tracking (MPPT) charge controllers, for off grid photovoltaic systems, with display unit.
In order to maximise the energy harvest from PV arrays and simultaneously minimise the power loss within a wide range of operating conditions, XTRA series apply an advanced smart algorithm which results in up to 30% higher efficient charging, compared to a conventional pulse width modulation (PWM) charge controller. Xtra series controller have limit protection function on charging current &charging power, as well as auto derating power operation at high temperature; the above protection ensure the stability of system even at exceeded rated PV power and over temperature conditions.
Protection class IP32 and isolated RS485 communication port further improve the controller’s reliability under different application requirements. XTRA series controllers incorporate a self-adaptive three-stage charging algorithm based on a digital control circuit, which effectively prolongs the lifespan of battery and significantly improve the system performance. It also has extensive electronic protection for overcharge, over discharge, PV&battery reverse polarity and etc. to ensure the sustainability and durability of the off grid solar system.
- Advanced MPPT technology & ultra-fast tracking speed is up to 99.5% guaranteed
- Maximum DC/DC transfer efficiency is as high as 98%, full load transfer efficiency is up to 97.4%
- Wide MPP operating voltage range
- Low temperature protection and self activate function for lithium battery charging
- Limit charging power & current over rated range
- Real-time energy statistics function
- Multiple load work modes
- Comprehensive electronic protection
- Compatible with lead acid and lithium-ion¹ batteries
- Over temperature protection and power degrading in higher temperature
- Optional LCD display units (XDB1/XDS1/XDS2) and accessories
- High quality and low failure rate components of ST or IR to ensure service life
- Isolated RS485 communication port with 5V/200mA protected output, with standard Modbus protocol Monitor and set the parameters via APP or PC software
- Dustproof and waterproof design with IP32² protection class
- CE certification(LVD IEC62109,EMC EN3/1-6-61000)
¹ If using Lithium battery, customer should use “PCsoftware” to set the lithium battery parameters
² Ingress of solid objects:Protected against solid objects over 2.5mm
² Ingress of liquids: Protected against falling drops of water, if the case is disposed up to 15 from vertical
- PV short circuit protection
- PV overvoltage alarm protection
- PV current limiting protection
- PV reverse polarity protection
- Battery overcharge protection
- Battery over discharge protection
- Battery reverse polarity protection
- Load overload protection
- Load short circuit protection
- Overheating protection