300W Complete solar kit charging kit with 20A MPPT controller 12V/24V
This 300W Complete solar kit is a premium quality 300W 12V/24V solar charging kit is one of the most powerful solar charging kits for vehicles, boats or off-grid power systems. It can generate up to 17A charging current when charging a 12V battery, which means that a typical 100Ah battery will be charged from 0% to 100% in about 6 hours of bright sunlight. 300W Complete solar kit
This 300W 12V/24V solar charging kit includes:
- High quality 300W monocrystalline solar panel fitted with 0.9m of 4.0mm solar cable and waterproof MC4 connectors
- 20A 12V/24V high efficiency MPPT solar charge controller with an LCD display
- Set of 4 corner plastic mounting brackets for bonding to the roof
- Set of 4 side mounting brackets for bonding to the roof
- Waterproof double entry cable gland
- 5m of 4.0mm extension cable with waterproof MC4 connectors for the solar panel
- 5m of 6.0mm dual core battery cable
300W monocrystalline solar panel:
The high efficiency, waterproof 300W monocrystalline solar panel included in this kit has been manufactured to the highest standards. Each individual solar panel is thoroughly tested and labelled with a unique serial number for further quality control and increased warranty protection. It is ideal for all off-grid installations on caravans, campervans, motorhomes and boats for charging leisure battery banks or for standalone off-grid household solar systems with batteries.
The panel is fitted with 2 x 0.9m of cable specially designed for solar panels to carry high currents with negligible power loss (4mm cross section). The cable comes with waterproof MC4 connectors which can be used for easy connectivity to the 5m single core extension cable supplied with the kit.
20A MPPT solar charge controller:
This solar charge controller uses the most advanced Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology to track the maximum power voltage point of solar panels as it varies depending on sunlight exposure and temperature. This technology ensures the maximum efficiency of your solar system and significantly outperforms standard PWM solar controllers.
The controller features a comprehensive set of electronic protection functions such as stopping reverse current at night (from the battery back to the solar panel), automatic cut off to prevent over-charging and protection against deep discharge, over voltage, over load, short circuit and reverse polarity. The LCD display shows various charging parameters such as voltage, current and power for the solar panel and the battery.
Multiple connectivity options:
This solar charge controller also features advanced communication technology, which offers the user the opportunity to monitor and program parameters for the solar charge controller through various methods:
1) The controller can be connected to a remote meter MT50 with an LCD screen, which displays system performance information and allows the user to manually adjust parameters and load settings
2) The controller can be connected to a Wi-Fi module to create a Wi-Fi network, to which your mobile phone or tablet can connect, in order to monitor or adjust charging parameters and controller settings through a free mobile app – Solar Station Monitor (available for Android and iOS users).
3) An RJ45 to USB cable can be used to connect the controller directly to your PC / laptop, where parameters and settings can be monitored and adjusted via a free computer program – Solar Station Monitor (Windows-based PCs and laptops only).
Using one of these communication methods, the user will gain access not only to the standard charging parameters already shown via the built-in LCD screen, but also additional information such as min/max voltages, temperature, protection cut off voltages, diagnostics and other information. If required the user will also be able to amend the battery capacity, set charging volts for different charging stages, specify the duration of each charging stage, create a user-defined battery type with charging parameters specific to their battery (if the pre-existing options are unsuitable), and more.
In addition to the built-in temperature sensor and intelligent heat-dissipating design of this controller, there is also a socket for connecting a remote temperature sensor, which can be attached directly to the battery to measure the battery temperature more precisely and optimise the charging process.
The controller can automatically recognise 12V/24V battery systems. Note: in order to start the solar charge controller in the correct voltage mode, a working battery should always be connected to the controller first before connecting the solar panel.
This kit also includes 5m positive and negative extension leads for connecting the solar panel to the solar charge controller, a 5m 6.0mm dual core battery cable for use between the solar charge controller and your battery, a set of 4 corner and 4 side mounting brackets for fixing the solar panel to the roof using an appropriate sealant (not included) and a waterproof double cable entry gland for keeping the cable connection fully waterproof when mounting the panel outside and feeding the solar cables inside the vehicle / building / below deck.
Click on the Details and Specifications tab for more information about this product.