This 200W monocrystalline 12V/24V solar charging kit is perfect for permanent outdoor use to provide free electricity for charging 12V/24V batteries to power various applications such as in a camper van, motorhome, boat, shed, farm, as well as remote applications such as telecommunications or monitoring equipment. It can also be used to provide a direct power supply for applications not sensitive to changes in input voltage / current (e.g. electric motors or pumps).
This 200W 12V/24V solar charging kit includes:
- High quality 200W monocrystalline solar panel fitted with 1m of 4.0mm solar cable and waterproof MC4 connectors
- 20A 12V/24V high efficiency MPPT solar charge controller with LCD display
- 4 corner plastic mounting brackets for bonding to the roof
- 4 side mounting brackets for bonding to the roof
- Waterproof double entry cable gland
- 5m of 4.0mm extension cable with waterproof MC4 connectors for the solar panel
- 5m of 6.0mm dual core battery cable
200W Monocrystalline solar panel:
The high efficiency waterproof 200W solar panel included in this kit features long-lasting monocrystalline solar cells and a tough, sealed, aluminium frame to provide many years of consistent, free power. The waterproof design ensures that the panel can be used in all weather conditions.
The panel comes with 1m of special solar cable which can operate at high roof temperatures, with minimum power losses. A pair of male / female MC4 connectors are crimped on the end of the cable for easy connection to the 5m extension cable supplied with this kit or to your existing system (MC4 connectors can also be cut off when wiring to screw terminals of the solar charge controller).
Each individual solar panel is thoroughly tested to the highest quality standards, and labelled with a unique serial number for further quality control and increased warranty protection.
20A MPPT solar charge controller:
This solar charge controller uses the most advanced Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT) technology to track the maximum power voltage point of solar panels as it varies depending on sunlight exposure and temperature. This technology ensures the maximum efficiency of your solar system and significantly outperforms standard PWM solar controllers.
The controller features a comprehensive set of electronic protection functions such as stopping reverse current at night (from the battery back to the solar panel), automatic cut off to prevent over-charging and deep discharge, over voltage, over load, short circuit and reverse polarity protection. The LCD display shows various charging parameters such as voltage, current and power for the solar panel and the battery.
Multiple connectivity options: This solar charge controller also features advanced communication technology, which offers the user the opportunity to monitor and program parameters for the solar charge controller through various methods:
1) The controller can be connected to a remote meter MT50 with an LCD screen, which displays system performance information and allows the user to manually adjust parameters and load settings
2) The controller can be connected to a Wi–Fi module to create a Wi-Fi network, to which your mobile phone or tablet can connect, in order to monitor or adjust charging parameters and controller settings through a free mobile app – Solar Station Monitor (available for Android and iOS users).
3) An RJ45 to USB cable can be used to connect the controller directly to your PC / laptop, where parameters and settings can be monitored and adjusted via a free computer program – Solar Station Monitor (Windows-based PCs and laptops only).
Using one of these communication methods, the user will gain access not only to the standard charging parameters already shown via the built-in LCD screen, but also additional information such as min/max voltages, temperature, protection cut off voltages, diagnostics and other information. If required the user will also be able to amend the battery capacity, set charging volts for different charging stages, specify the duration of each charging stage, create a user-defined battery type with charging parameters specific to their battery (if the pre-existing options are unsuitable), and more.
In addition to the built-in temperature sensor and intelligent heat-dissipating design of this controller, there is also a socket for connecting a remote temperature sensor, which can be attached directly to the battery to measure the battery temperature more precisely and optimise the charging process.
The controller can automatically recognise 12V/24V battery systems. Note: in order to start the solar charge controller in the correct voltage mode, a working battery should always be connected to the controller first before connecting the solar panel.
Additional items: This kit also includes 5m positive and negative extension leads for connecting the solar panel to the solar charge controller, a 5m 6.0mm dual core battery cable for use between the solar charge controller and your battery, a set of 4 corner and 4 side mounting brackets for fixing the solar panel to the roof using an appropriate sealant (not included) and a waterproof double cable entry gland for keeping the cable connection fully waterproof when mounting the panel outside and feeding the solar cables inside the vehicle / building / below deck.
Click on the Details and Specifications tab for more information about this product.