1Kw – Hybrid – Off Grid Solar System
When you are looking to design your own small off grid system it can big a big task, but here at Eos Solar Solutions we put together a few options for you. Each kit contains many of the parts you will need. So take a look and place your order…
This 1Kw kit the perfect ready to use kit for off-grid applications where you are looking for a reliable 240v supply. Even of you have a 240v supply that is intermittent, this kit will work together and ensure the lights never go out. Not even for a moment.
This kit can provide power to small household or office appliances such as a TV, radio, lights, computer, laptop, printer or a low power kettle. This may vary significantly according to location and season.
This complete off-grid kit has been expertly designed to maximise its efficiency and output and therefore comes equipped with some of our most premium quality products within the box:
5-busbar monocrystalline solar panel
State-of-the-art Iconica hybrid power inverter that has Intelligent combination of a solar charge controller, pure sine wave inverter and a smart mains battery charger in one single unit.
The Kit includes:
- One 250W solar panel with 5m solar cable and MC4 connectors
- One Iconica Hybrid 1000W 12V pure sine wave inverter
- Two 100Ah AGM deep cycle leisure batteries
- One 100A fuse or circuit breaker
- Two 5m long 4mm2 solar extension cables with MC4 connectors
- Two Battery linking cable
The 250W Solar panel:
The high efficiency, waterproof 250W monocrystalline solar panel included in the kit features innovative 5-busbar solar cells to maximise efficiency and output.
The solar panel is fitted with 2 x 5m of 4mm2 cable with MC4 connectors on the end.
These can be used for easy connection to the 5m solar extension cable included with the kit.
1Kw – 1000W 12V Iconica Hybrid Inverter:
This inverter intelligently combines the functions of a 1000W pure sine wave inverter, 50A solar charge controller and a 20A smart battery charger in one single unit:
1. 1000W 12V Pure sine wave inverter: Converts DC current from the solar panel into 230V AC mains electricity, to run various household appliances such as a TV, laptop, lighting, fans etc. Able to generate 1000VA of continuous power with a strong peak power handling capability of up to 2000VA (to start appliances with electric motors). This inverter is a pure sine wave type, which easily surpasses modified sine wave inverters in terms of efficiency and compatibility with a wider range of appliances.
2. Inbuilt 50A PWM solar charge controller: Regulates the input from the solar panel to the batteries, with a full range of safety functions; including protection against overcharge, overheating, reverse current etc. The controller uses PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) technology which increases charge acceptance, prolongs the life of the batteries and can often recover some lost battery capacity. Performance data for the solar panel is displayed on the LCD screen.
3. Enhanced 20A Smart battery charger: Designed to enable safe and efficient unattended charging of the batteries from a mains power source or generator, with full overcharge protection and multiple charging stages.
Additional features: This model also features an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS), and can accept input from the solar panel, mains power/ a generator and the batteries – either from a single or combination of input sources.
The inverter is supplied with a PC connection cable and PC software CD for convenient viewing of important system information, and can also be connected to a Wi-Fi connection or 3G connection that can be purchased separately. This can then unlock access to SMS / email status updates for the inverter, remote system monitoring from any location and much more.
2 x 100Ah AGM Batteries:
Our AGM deep-cycle batteries are non-spillable, completely sealed and maintenance free – amongst the very safest batteries you can find. They have a much longer service life compared to standard wet-cell batteries due to lower degradation and corrosion inside the battery. AGM batteries hold charge very well and have a low self-discharge rate.
Solar panel specifications:
- Peak power: 250W
- Maximum power voltage: 20.2V
- Maximum power current: 12.38A
- Open circuit voltage: 23.9V
- Short circuit current: 13.12A
- Power allowance range: +/- 3%
- Dimensions: 139 x 99 x 4 cm
- Weight: 15.3 kg
- 8 mounting holes 9 x 14 mm
- 2 x 5m of high quality single core solar cable (6.0mm cross section)
- Male and female MC4 connectors
Hybrid inverter specifications:
- Nominal battery voltage: 12V
- Continuous power output: 1000W / 1000VA
- Surge power: 2000VA
- Output voltage: 230V AC
- Output frequency: 50Hz /60 Hz
- Output waveform: Pure sine wave
- Maximum solar input power: 600W
- Maximum open circuit solar input voltage: 55V
- Maximum solar charging current: 50A
- Maximum mains AC charging current: 20A
- Maximum combined charging current: 50A
- Peak efficiency: 93%
- Operating temperature: -10C to 50C
- Supplied with:
- 1.5m AC power cable with 3-pin UK plug
- PC connection cable and PC software CD
- Size: 32 x 22.5 x 8.8 cm
- Weight: 5 kg
Battery specifications (per battery):
- Nominal voltage: 12V
- Nominal capacity: 100Ah (10h rate) / 105Ah (20h rate)
- Maximum charging current: 25A
- Self-discharging rate: <3% per month
- Cycle lifetime at 30% D.O.D.: 1000-1100
- Pressure control: safety valve installed
- Terminal type: F13 (bolts and washers included)
- Operating temperature: from +10C to +40C
- Size: 331 x 173 x 217 mm
- Weight: 30.0 kg