Uninterrupted Power Supply 1kW
This 1kW Uninterrupted Power is a Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) system is suitable for both mains-powered and off-grid applications where a stable and reliable source of AC power is required. Ideal for running personal computers, small office appliances, broadband, Wi-Fi or any other IT equipment or essential electronics.
In a mains-powered setup, the system ensures that the AC appliances are not interrupted even if the mains electricity is unstable, intermittent or the power is suddenly cut off. While the mains power is available, the system links it to the AC output to power connected appliances whilst simultaneously charging the battery, or keeping it topped up. If the mains power is suddenly cut off, the system instantly transfers the power input to the battery and starts drawing energy from it so that the load work is not interrupted. When the mains AC input power becomes available again, the system transfers the input to mains AC power.
For off-grid systems with a generator, this UPS system can allow for continual power even when the generator is turned off. This allows users to achieve significant savings of fuel costs by only running the generator periodically – at the optimal power levels to charge the batteries.
The system can also be used for portable power applications, i.e. when the battery is charged in a location with mains electricity, and the system is then transported to a different off-grid location to provide power on demand on a temporary basis.
This UPS system also supports solar power input with no additional charge control equipment required. Users can simply connect a suitable solar array to the inverter to start charging from solar power to save on electricity bills for mains connected systems, or in order to run a generator less frequently for off-grid systems.
The external battery allows for easy expansion or replacement, as well as straight-forward installation in irregular locations.
This package includes the main UPS unit, a 100Ah gel deep-cycle battery, 1m tinned copper battery cables, a thermal over-current circuit breaker and loose ring terminals for crimping.
Please note: the inverter uses predictive cooling logic to activate the fans, and is not suitable for installing in locations where silence is required.
- Nominal battery voltage: 12V
- Continuous power output: 1000W / 1000VA
- Surge power: 2000VA
- UPS type: Offline UPS
- Output voltage: 230V AC
- Output frequency: 50Hz /60 Hz
- Output waveform: Pure sine wave
- Maximum solar input power: 600W
- Maximum open circuit solar input voltage: 55V
- Maximum solar charging current: 50A
- Maximum mains AC charging current: 20A
- Maximum combined charging current: 50A
- Peak efficiency: 93%
- Operating temperature: -10C to 50C
- Supplied with:
- 1.5m AC power cable with 3-pin UK plug
- PC connection cable and PC software CD
- Size: 32 x 22.5 x 8.8 cm
- Weight: 5 kg
- Nominal voltage: 12V
- Nominal capacity: 100Ah (10h rate) / 108Ah (20h rate)
- Maximum charging current: 20A
- Self-discharging rate: <1% per month
- Cycle lifetime at 30% D.O.D.: 1200-1300
- Pressure control: safety valve installed
- Terminal type: F13 (bolts and washers included)
- Operating temperature: from -10C to +50C
- Size: 331 x 173 x 217 mm
- Weight: 30.3 kg