This high efficiency 120W 12V charging kit is perfect for permanent outdoor use to provide free electricity for charging a 12V battery to power various devices for many applications such as in a camper van, boat, shed or farm.
This is a complete 120W solar charging kit which includes:
- High efficiency 120W monocrystalline solar panel with 5m of special solar cable and waterproof connectors
- 10A automatic solar charge controller with advanced connectivity options
- Set of 4 corner plastic brackets for bonding to the roof
- Set of 2 side plastic brackets for stronger support
- Waterproof double entry cable gland
- 5m of 4mm² dual core battery cable fitted with a 15A fuse, fuse holder and 8mm ring terminals
- Pair of waterproof MC4 connectors for easy connectivity
- User manual with detailed installation instructions
120W solar panel:
The panel is fitted with 5m of special solar cable which can work at high roof temperatures, with minimum power losses. A pair of male / female MC4 connectors are crimped on the end of cable for easy connection to other solar panels, extension leads or to your existing system (the MC4 connectors can also be cut off when wiring to the screw terminals of a solar charge controller).
The long-lasting, high-efficiency monocrystalline solar cells and the tough, sealed, aluminium frame will give you years and years of consistent, free power. The waterproof design ensures the panel can be used in all weather conditions.
This panel also features innovative 5 busbar solar cells, which are more efficient than the 2, 3 or 4 busbar solar cells used in most other solar panels, and are able to extract more power from the same surface area. This results in a smaller overall solar panel, which is ideal for applications where space is limited. These solar cells are also the best choice for applications in warmer climates, as they operate well even in high ambient temperatures.
10A solar charge controller:
The kit includes a 10A 12V/24V solar panel charge controller designed to protect batteries whilst charging them, with automatic cut off to prevent over-charging and deep discharge. The controller uses PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) technology which increases charge acceptance and prolongs the life of your battery. Often PWM technology can recover some lost battery capacity.
This controller stops reverse current at night (from the battery back to the solar panel) so your battery won’t lose any charge. It has many other protection functions such as over charge / discharge, over load, short circuit, overheating etc. Other features of this controller include LED indicators, temperature sensor, and a load “on/off” button. One of the greatest benefits of this powerful 10A controller is the small size – only 14 x 7cm.
This controller can work with sealed, gel, and flooded batteries (the default is sealed) or a user-defined battery type (please note battery type can only be changed from default using one of the communication methods listed below). The controller can accept up to 160W (12V battery) / 320W (24V battery) of solar power input, which makes it a perfect choice for small or medium solar PV systems with a battery and load; such as in a campervan or boat.
This model also features advanced communication technology, which offers the user the opportunity to monitor and program parameters for the solar charge controller through various methods:
1) The controller can be connected to a remote meter MT50 with an LCD screen, which displays system performance information and allows the user to manually adjust parameters and load settings
2) The controller can be connected to a Wi-Fi module to create a Wi-Fi network, to which your mobile phone or tablet can connect, in order to monitor or adjust charging parameters and controller settings through a free mobile app – Solar Station Monitor (available for Android and iOS users).
3) An RJ45 to USB cable can be used to connect the controller directly to your PC / laptop, where parameters and settings can be monitored and adjusted via a free computer program – Solar Station Monitor (Windows-based PCs and laptops only).
Using one of these communication methods, the user will gain access to various charging parameters such as voltage, current (separately for solar panel / load), battery state of charge, accumulated charge and discharge energy, min/max voltage and other information. If required the user will also be able to amend the battery type and capacity, set charging volts for different charging stages, specify the duration of each charging stage, create a user-defined battery type with charging parameters specific to their battery (if the pre-existing options are unsuitable), personalise the ‘load’ settings (e.g. set timers for lighting, fans, pumps) and more.
In addition to the built-in temperature sensor, the controller has a pair of terminals for connecting a remote temperature sensor, which can be attached directly to the battery to measure the battery temperature more precisely and optimise the charging process.
This kit includes a set of 4 plastic corner mounting brackets and 2 side mounting brackets for fixing the solar panel to the roof. The brackets can be bonded to the roof using an appropriate sealant (not included). The waterproof double cable entry gland included with the kit is perfect for getting cables from outside to inside and keeping the place fully waterproof. The kit also includes 5m dual core battery cable with a 15A fuse, fuse holder and 8mm ring terminals and a pair of MC4 connectors.
Click on the Details and Specifications tab for more information about this product.