Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) system 24kWh
This Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) system is suitable for both mains-powered and off-grid applications where a stable and reliable source of AC power is required. Suitable for large households, servers, datacentres, telecommunications or other commercial and industrial use. Uninterrupted Power Supply
In a mains-powered setup, the system ensures that the AC appliances are not interrupted even if the mains electricity is unstable, intermittent or the power is suddenly cut off. While the mains power is available, the system links it to the AC output to power connected appliances whilst simultaneously charging the battery bank, or keeping it topped up. If the mains power is suddenly cut off, the system instantly transfers the power input to the battery bank and starts drawing energy from it so that the load work is not interrupted. When the mains AC input power becomes available again, the system transfers the input to mains AC power.
Zero transfer technology allows for instant switching from mains to battery backup power, without the typical delay of 10-20ms. This UPS is ideal for sensitive electronics where a consistent power supply is required, such as computers, servers, equipment in datacentres and other IT equipment.
- 12 x 300W monocrystalline solar panels each with 1m solar cable and MC4 connectors
- Iconica Hybrid 5000W 48V pure sine wave inverter
- 24kWh 48V 500Ah battery bank – comprised of 24 x 2V AGM batteries
- 120A fuse or circuit breaker
- A pair of 10m 6mm2 solar extension cables with MC4 connectors
- 2m of 35mm2 tinned copper battery cables
- Solar isolator switch
- Pair of T-branch MC4 connectors
- Metal plate connectors and loose ring terminals
For off-grid systems with a generator, this UPS system can allow for continual power even when the generator is turned off. This allows users to achieve significant savings of fuel costs by only running the generator periodically – at the optimal power levels to charge the battery bank.
Featuring a dry contact port, the inverters can activate or deactivate relay switches or compatible generators automatically when the battery voltage falls below a user-defined level. For off-grid systems with a generator, this feature is useful as the relay can activate the generator to start charging the batteries when they are low.
The system can also be used for portable power applications, i.e. when the battery bank is charged in a location with mains electricity, and the system is then transported to a different off-grid location to provide power on demand on a temporary basis.
This UPS system also supports solar power input with no additional charge control equipment required. Users can simply connect a suitable solar array to start charging from solar power to save on electricity bills for mains connected systems, or in order to run a generator less frequently for off-grid systems.
The system can be easily expanded to generate up to 45kW of continuous power, by connecting 9 inverters in parallel (additional parallel kits required, one per inverter). The external battery bank allows for easy expansion or replacement, as well as straight-forward installation in irregular locations.
This package includes 2 x UPS units, 2 x parallel connection kits, a 24kWh 500Ah battery bank , 4m tinned copper battery cables, 2 x thermal over-current circuit breakers and loose ring terminals for crimping.
Please note: the inverters use predictive cooling logic to activate the fans, and are not suitable for installing in locations where silence is required.
Solar panel specifications (per solar panel):
- Peak power: 300W
- Maximum power voltage: 32.70V
- Maximum power current: 9.17A
- Open circuit voltage: 39.80V
- Short circuit current: 9.78A
- Power tolerance: 0/+3%
- Dimensions: 164 x 99 x 3.5 cm
- Weight: 19 kg
- Mounting holes for installation
- 2 x 1m of high quality single core solar cable 4.0mm² cross section
- Male and female MC4 connectors
Hybrid inverter specifications:
- Nominal battery voltage: 48V
- Continuous power output: 5000W/5000VA (220-240V AC)
- Surge power: 10000VA
- Output frequency: 50Hz
- Output waveform: Pure sine wave
- Maximum solar input power: 4000W
- Maximum open circuit solar input voltage: 500V (open circuit)
- MPPT solar operating voltage: 120V – 450V
- Maximum solar charging current: 80A
- Maximum mains AC charging current: 60A
- Maximum combined charging current: 80A
- Peak efficiency: 93%
- Solar / AC charger max efficiency: 98%
- Operating temperature: -10°C to 50°C
- Supplied with USB drive, PC connection cable and software CD
- Size: 44 x 30 x 11.5 cm
- Weight: 10 kg
Battery bank specifications (per 2V battery):
- Nominal voltage: 2V
- Nominal capacity: 500Ah (10h rate) / 508Ah (20h rate)
- Maximum charging current: 100A
- Cycle lifetime at 30% D.O.D.: 1200
- Pressure control: safety valve installed
- Terminal type: M10 bolts
- Operating temperature: from -10C to +40C
- Size: 242 x 174 x 365 mm
- Weight: 27 kg
Click on the Details and Specifications tab for more information about this kit.