10kW Iconica Hybrid Inverter with WiFi
10kW Iconica MAX 48v Hybrid Inverter intelligently combines the functions of a 10kW pure sine wave inverter, 100A MPPT solar charge controller with two independent inputs and an extremely powerful 150A smart battery charger in one single portable unit. This model can accept input from solar panels, mains power/ generator and a battery – either from a single or combination of input sources. In addition to its unique hybrid capability, this innovative inverter features advanced communication functions, along with a menu full of highly customisable settings. Check out this 10kW Iconica MAX 48v Hybrid
This inverter features the rare and unique ability to power AC appliances without connection to a battery – directly from solar power.
This is the perfect solution for any off-grid application with limited or zero access to traditional mains power. This hybrid inverter features an Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS), making it the ideal option for applications where the power supply is unreliable, intermittent, or expensive to maintain. This inverter is great for both stationary and mobile off-grid installations (e.g., remote properties, holiday homes, huts and cabins or narrowboats, yachts etc), as well as for customers looking to reduce their mains electricity usage and save on electricity bills. It could also create the perfect back-up system in locations suffering from frequent power cuts.
1. 10kW 48V Pure sine wave inverter: Converts DC current into 230V AC mains electricity, to run various household appliances such as a TV, laptop, fridge, microwave, lighting etc. Able to generate 10000VA of continuous power with a strong peak power handling capability of up to 20000VA (to start powerful appliances with electric motors such as pumps, a vacuum cleaner, power tools etc). This inverter is a pure sine wave type, which easily surpasses modified sine wave inverters in terms of efficiency and compatibility with a wider range of appliances.
2. Inbuilt 10kW high solar input MPPT Solar charge controller: Two independent solar inputs can each accept up to 5000W of solar power. The MPPT charge controller regulates the input from the solar panels at up to 100A, with a full range of safety functions including protection against overcharge, overheating, reverse current etc. Advanced MPPT technology extracts the maximum possible output from the solar panels and operates at up to 98% efficiency. This inverter is therefore well-suited to systems with large and powerful solar arrays, or two solar arrays with different panels or light conditions. Performance data for the solar arrays is displayed on the LCD screen.
3. Enhanced 150A Smart battery charger: Designed to enable safe, efficient, and fast (up to 150A) unattended charging of a battery from a mains power source or generator, with full overcharge protection and multiple charging stages.
4. System expansion potential: This inverter has the ability to be connected in parallel with additional identical units (maximum of 5 further inverters), offering the possibility of large-scale system expansion, with up to 60KW of power handling capability. Once connected in parallel, there is the option for 3-phase operation (ideal if the system is being used to power industrial grade equipment and machinery run on 3 phase).
Additional intelligent features:
The Iconica MAX 10kW 48V hybrid inverter boasts an abundance of unique features, providing enhanced functionality over standard inverters. These include:
– Load power without a battery: This inverter is able to power AC loads (and itself) directly from the solar input, without the need for a battery bank to be connected to the inverter. By powering loads using the energy directly supplied from the solar panels, this Iconica inverter offers a uniquely independent and versatile power system, free from batteries if preferred. Removing the need for batteries also increases the efficiency of the energy generated from the solar array by reducing the power losses that this transfer of energy would usually cause. However, if a battery bank is available, the inverter can power loads directly from the solar panels whilst the charging batteries at the same time. For example, if 4000W of solar power is flowing into the inverter, 2000W can be used to run appliances whilst the remaining 2000W will be used for charging the battery bank.
– Output source priority: This intelligent feature allows the user to set output source preferences (solar/battery power/mains input or a generator) for the AC load output of the inverter. This menu includes several options for varying conditions and scenarios, e.g., which source of energy is given priority for the AC output if solar power is insufficient/if battery voltage is too low/if mains is unavailable, etc.
– Battery charging priority: A wide selection of battery charging priority options are available. For instance, the user can choose to charge the battery using solar power only/using a combination of solar power and mains power/from mains power only etc.
– A range of highly customisable settings: The parameters for this inverter can be personalised to an exceptionally specific degree via the user-friendly interface. At the touch of a button, the user can customise parameters such as the AC input range, battery type, max charging current, specific high/low voltage disconnect points (and preferred charging source upon reconnection), the duration and voltage of each charging stage, timer setting for output source priority and charger source priority, auto-restart options, overload bypass, battery equalization stage characteristics and so on. There are also options for managing operational features such as the audible alarm and backlight settings.
– DC output connectors: Used to provide emergency power backup to all kinds of DC-powered equipment such as routers, modems, surveillance/alarm systems, set-top boxes and many other critical telecom equipment. There are 3 channels (current limit at 3A for each channel) which could be activated/disabled manually either through LCD operation or the power switch beside the DC jacks.
– Illuminated LCD screen: The easy-to-read and comprehensive 5-inch LCD colour screen displays vital statistics and settings which are easily changeable by use of the 4 touchable function keys. The displayable information includes but is not limited to: status and mode, input/output voltage, frequency, battery voltage, load power and percentages, charge and discharge current, real time clock and the daily/monthly/yearly generated power.
– Customisable built-in RGB light ring: Can be programmed to smartly present data in the form of customisable colours such as the battery capacity percentage, energy source (solar/mains/battery), battery charge/discharge status, solar input power and load percentage. This provides a pleasant visual experience as well as enabling you to effortlessly see the system status at a glance.
– Advanced communication options: The inverter is supplied with a PC connection cable and PC software CD for convenient viewing of important system information, such as: solar/battery/AC voltage, charging current, battery capacity etc. Detailed data logs are also available to view and export to PDF/Excel formats from the PC software. This inverter also has the potential to send data to a mobile app using the built-in wi-fi kit, or to an online user portal using a Wi-Fi connection kit (purchased separately). By connecting via this method, the user will unlock access to exclusive features such as email status updates for the inverter, remote system monitoring from any location and much more.
– Auto restart function: When overload or overheating occurs, the inverter will disconnect the load appliances, and automatically reconnect once safe conditions are detected.
– Generator auto-start function: If connected to a generator via dry contacts, the Iconica inverter can send a signal to automatically start the generator as soon as the battery voltage drops below a certain level.
– Intelligent cooling design: The inverter uses predictive fan logic based on performance and temperature (1, 2 or 3 fans operating at a time, with variable speeds) to prevent over-heating of the components.
This hybrid inverter is suitable for 48V flooded, sealed GEL/AGM lead-acid and Lithium batteries with pre-defined charging programs (consult the battery supplier for advice on Lithium battery charging settings). A user-defined battery type with numerous customisable settings is also available for charging other battery types
More Information from Eos